The preeminent mission of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) is to provide state-of-the-art continuing medical education in the field of hand and upper extremity surgery. The ASSH is dedicated to fulfillment of this mission through the following means:
- Offering excellent educational programming enabling hand care professionals to provide superior medical care for the hand and upper extremity.
- Enhancing the dissemination of current research knowledge ensuring that hand care professionals have timely and relevant information available.
- Facilitating a career-long continuum of medical education.
- Fostering innovation in current medical education programs.
- Being a resource and model for course directors and educators involved in ASSH educational activities.
- Enhancing the value of care for hand and upper extremity problems by improving quality and patient safety.