The 2 day MSK Ultrasound portion of the course focuses on ultrasound scanning tips and the ultrasound anatomy important for everyday clinical practice. Topics include shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand, hip, knee, foot/ankle anatomy, and spine. Pathology and injection techniques are also demonstrated in depth thru clinical video and live hands on afternoon sessions where there is one model for no more than every three participants.
The majority of our handpicked faculty hold advanced certifications in MSK ultrasound. Our clinical faculty proctor no more than 4 participants making the lab appropriate for all experience levels. Since we have multiple MSK ultrasound vendors, our participants can see and compare the latest portable, handheld, wired, and wireless ultrasound machines.
The Thursday Orthobiologics Seminar is a basic science and clinical update on current best practices for using PRP, Stem Cells, and other orthobiologics in orthopedics. We present evidence based applications so clinicians can have scientifically accurate information to guide their clinical practice. We also cover the latest regulatory issues in the USA in a non biased way so that clinicians can make informed decisions about using orthobiologics in their practices. During the seminar, we will do a live ultrasound guided bone marrow aspiration cases and needle arthroscopy cases to demonstrate clinical tips for maximize success for these procedures.
Over 1650 clinicians have attended our courses and seminars and lectures over the past 11 years!
At the conclusion of this course, each participant should be better able to:
- understand how musculoskeletal ultrasound scanners work
- list the indications for MSK ultrasound
- understand the role of MSK ultrasound in clinical practice
- recognize normal ultrasound anatomy of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and foot/ankle, and spine
- recognize abnormal ultrasound anatomy of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, foot/ankle, and spine
- use ultrasound guided techniques for MSK injections and nerve blocks
- understand how to correctly code and bill for ultrasound for ultrasound procedures
- understand current indications for orthobiologics based on the published evidence
- understand techniques for ultrasound guided PRP/Stem Cell and viscosupplementation injections
- understand how to maximize bone marrow aspiration cell counts during office based procedures
Visit Trice Medical to learn ways to identify injuries and abnormalities of muscles, tendons, and more with the in-office and portable mi-ultra. Available in two variations, linear and convex, mi-ultra allows physicians to diagnose patient pathology with a high-quality image in areas like the knee and shoulder while also permitting deeper tissue penetration in areas like the hip. Learn more: https://lnkd.in/dF7Kf6i